Retirement - a year with SC only - aim of this blog

Retirement

From December 31, 2022, in my 10th year, I will stop penspinning. It's not that I will stop everything penspinning related, but I will definitely stop sitting on a chair and film for hours for CVs or tournaments.

When it comes to oldies and development, there are 2 kind of person with toxic behaviour :

  • washed up spinners that still release combos are boring
  •  people who stop penspinning are some kind of "traitor" to the community

I think it's ok to think either of those, as long as no one really take it seriously and create some kind of negative atmosphere to force everyone to always improve individually (which is totally different to search for collective improvement). I think it's less visible nowadays but it was the case from ~ 2016 to 2020, especially after Menowa's retirement from international competitions. 

 the chad 2019-2020

On my side, I will enter active life in 2022 and I don't really like the idea of a continuous regression. I had my peak in 2019 and since then, I don't really have time nor motivation to keep improving (+ I was already lost regarding new tricks in 2017, it's even more visible now)

The virgin 2020-2021

My aim after this year will be to make a quality  penspinning tutorial channel in French. Maybe for another 10 years, or maybe for only a few months, we'll see. I will still be active on Twitter but I won't take part in any international event. I will still be available for projects like Lost in Time (FPSB) or Faint Golden Time (JEB) because I think these kind of projects are always so enjoyable to watch.


s777 in Lost in Time (Link)

Not that a lot of you will care, after this poor year regarding combos, but I just wanted to say it once.  


A year with spinning SC mods only

It was a bad idea. The end.

Joke aside, I think it's a great training when you're coming close to your 3-4 years of penspinning, when there's less motivation. But I was to old for this, not motivated enough and I had a pretty rough 2nd half of the year. Also, 1 year is too much, a few months is enough.

 
My best this year

Because of my 2nd half of the year, I don't really know the benefit on execution yet. I saw great improvement through the 1st half of the year but I don't really know if it's worth it. Anyway, for younger spinners, don't hesitate to try it, it's nice to increase the number of mods you can use (at least when penspinning is thought in an aesthetic way)



Aim of this blog

I'll try to write a short article like this every sunday.I'm already late for this one. I'll start with some articles about judgements and methodology, and I'll go on with some execution or setup thoughts. I have a shit ton of concepts to talk about that you might like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setupology#1 - The Spin Surface rule

Setupology#2 - Let there be light